I’m a firm believer that gear does not define the photographer but, since enough people have asked what’s currently in the camera bags, here’s the current rundown of active recommended equipment that I shoot or travel with on a regular basis. Equipment that has been either retired or loaned to friends and family isn’t listed.
Although my mantra is to only carry what you need because additional clutter just gets in the way my daily carry pack always has at bare minimum an EOS-1D Mark IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, pair of 580EX II Speedlites, MacBook Air, and miscellaneous spare CF cards, batteries, adapters, cables, and tools.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
- (Multiple) Canon Speedlite 580EX II
- (Multiple) Manfrotto 175F-1 Justin Clamp with Cold Flash Shoe
- (Multiple) Giottos LC 244 Air Cushioned Light Stand
- (Multiple) White Lightning Light Stand
- Miscellaneous 3/8″ and 1/4″ adapters, studs, spigots, and washers
Camera Bags and Cases
- eBags Mother Lode eTech Mini 21″ Wheeled Duffel
- eBags Mother Lode eTech Junior 25″ Wheeled Duffel
- eBags Mother Lode Downloader Laptop Backpack